myTurn has been busy making the platform easier to use and adding new features to help you optimize the use of your inventory and help you comply with the GDPR. A full list of updates is at the bottom of this post.
Data Privacy & the GDPR
A number of our updates are to help your organization comply with the European Union’s new General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR.” Even if you are not based in the EU, if you have any customers there, you’ll want to be familiar with the new requirements.
Require User Agreements at Sign Up
You can now post your user agreements publicly and require one or multiple agreements at the time of account creation. To mark one or more Agreements as “Required for User Sign Up” via a myTurn admin account, site go to:
Settings -> Customers -> User Agreements
There is a new “Require for User Sign Up” option when editing agreements.
Agreements that are required at account creation can also be viewed publicly (a “view” link will appear on the agreement list).
Has a user requested you delete their information? Do you just want to do some Spring cleaning? Anywhere in the myTurn admin, you can click or tap on the username, and there will be a “delete” button at the bottom of the page. Before deleting you’ll be able to review some stats and basic information on that user to make sure you want to delete them. You will not be able to delete users with items checked out or a balance on their account.
When deleting users the system actually just removes all their personal data (including their username) so that you don’t lose any stats or loan history. Their loans and other history will be attached to a “deleted#” account, like “deleted123”.
Please note, that since this feature is needed for data privacy regulations and the right to be forgotten, there is no “undo.” For less permanent action, you can still give the user a “deactivated” membership.
Self-Service Kiosk Mode
Kiosk Mode: Want to allow your users to check items in and out themselves? Currently in use by a handful of early adopters, we’ve seeing more and more interested in allowing users to check items in and out themselves.
Please ask us how to get started with Self-Service Kiosk Mode to expand your hours, ease your administrative burden, and maximize the utilization of your items.
All (well, most) improvements and issues fixed in this release
- [LEND-4792] – Allow marking agreements as being required for creating an account, and make them publicly accessible
- [LEND-4793] – Allow easily deleting/clearing old user private data
- [LEND-4794] – Log user data exports by admins (auditing tools coming soon)
- [LEND-4805] – Allow user to export their reports
- [LEND-4790] – Add additional fields to “demographics” reports
- [LEND-4807] – Add a “keyword” option to the top of the Customers -> Search/Export
- [LEND-4830] – Make user fields required from London LoT
- [LEND-4875] – Log user deletions (without logging their private data)
- [LEND-4885] – Also delete all user notes and warnings when doing a user deletion
- [LEND-3443] – Filter by sub-type in inventory needs sorting
- [LEND-3665] – “Filter by” should probably sort alphabetically on admin inventory page
- [LEND-4798] – Upgrade password hashing mechanism
- [LEND-4806] – Tax report cleanup
- [LEND-4808] – Combine quick user search and advanced search and improve layout
- [LEND-4814] – Update user transaction report to reflect the same amount of information on the admin report
- [LEND-4817] – Validate the membership_id using ajax while admin enters a new user and when they edit a user
- [LEND-4820] – Add a “myTurn Updates” email opt-in for all Admin accounts (though we don’t recommend checking this off!)
- [LEND-4825] – Tax report probably should have date limitations similar to transactions (so we made it so!)
- [LEND-4829] – Kiosk: Add support for other currencies/locales
- [LEND-4838] – Continue i18n of admin (almost 100% complete… that last few percent is always a pain)
- [LEND-4839] – Disable checkbox to enable/disable buffer days if orgType supports it
- [LEND-4867] – Kiosk: add display of loan length with fees
- [LEND-4886] – Don’t allow admins deleting accounts with more privileges than they have themselves.
- [LEND-4891] – Do not allow users to create account if the organization does not allow self-creation
- [LEND-4893] – Add new payment method for external Gift Cards
- [LEND-4898] – On user selection enroute to cart give user search field focus by default
- [LEND-4899] – On user search page enroute to cart, go straight to user if there is an exact match on user id and user hits return
- [LEND-4901] – Improve field focus in the cart
- [LEND-4905] – Improve layout on the new Join page
- [LEND-4653] – State/Province field does not change to correct country-based state/province/etc. on user self-create page
- [LEND-4702] – orgTypeAdmin cannot create a new org through the admin pages
- [LEND-4811] – When creating a user with a duplicate membership_id, admin gets a bad redirect and user is created with wrong membership_id (hot fixed!)
- [LEND-4828] – “Limit to all Administrators” in admin user search does not return location operators without loan privs (does now!)
- [LEND-4831] – Merge doesn’t move the reservations to the new user when the reservation has a project attached to it (ugh)
- [LEND-4833] – Pre-buffers not being displayed properly in some cases
- [LEND-4834] – Reservations that span before a month starts to after the month ends does not show up on the calendar for that month (previously hot fixed)
- [LEND-4842] – More ugly error on inventory import (not so ugly anymore!)
- [LEND-4843] – Calculations to see if an item is still available when changing reservation dates doesn’t account for pre/post buffers correctly in some cases (does now)
- [LEND-4845] – Cancelling a reservation that you are editing can leave you on a blank page (well, it could)
- [LEND-4846] – When changing reservation dates, the warning/error color does not update
- [LEND-4847] – Reservation date still updates in display even when erroring “Reservation date has passed”
- [LEND-4849] – Add warning before user becomes a “request” to a site they just visit or even log in to
- [LEND-4855] – Reservation calendar doesn’t show selected dates if start date has passed
- [LEND-4860] – suggestUsernames gives 401 when called from “create account” (user creates their account)
- [LEND-4879] – Error on all account pages after signing agreement during account creation
- [LEND-4880] – Add pop-up information “are you sure? there is no way to undo this action” to the actual delete
- [LEND-4881] – jquery validation is broken on create organization page
- [LEND-4888] – Reservation lookup by ID not working on List Reservations page (fixed)
- [LEND-4889] – Make it clearer that the User’s reservation list is not the admin list of all reservations
- [LEND-4897] – No indication of validation errors on tabs when editing items (now highlighted in red)
- [LEND-4911] – Error editing some items (fixed!)
- [LEND-2684] – Improve JS locale file includes
- [LEND-4877] – Update moment.js to a more recent version
- [LEND-4887] – Make a public view of the myTurn agreement pages
- [LEND-4812] – Remove Open Office format in reports